SummerJust here for the exercises? Click here.
Get ready for some fun in the sun with ten Spanish words related to summer.
Memorise the vocab using the colourful image, then take the tests to check your knowledge.
Listen to how these words are used in a real Spanish dialogue in the listening comprehension section.
- el solthe sun
- las gafas de solsunglasses
- la hamacahammock
- la tumbonasun bed
- la palmerapalm tree
- el pícnicpicnic
- la crema solarsun cream
- el heladoice cream
- el balón hinchable(blow up) beach ball
- el flotadorinflatable/arm bands
The word Sol is written with a capital letter when we talk about it as a star. If we refer to the weather or we want to speak generally about the sun, we write it with a lower case letter.
- El Sol es una estrella.The sun is a star.
- El sol está saliendo.The sun is coming out.